Saturday, April 30, 2011

It is about time I posted a little tidbit about the sewing side of this blog. If you have watched SewingASeed on facebook, you know that I was selling monogrammed Easter baskets. They are these really cute canvas market totes, completely collapsable, mesh pockets on the inside, 9 color options. Just awesome! I love them! I actually sold quite a few of them, in a very short amount of time.
And here is the story, behind the story...




My husband and I have taking Financial Peace University, Dave Ramsey class. It has been great for us- realizing our debt to savings ratio and realizing we have a lot of work to do. We had to put our budget on paper to see where every $ is going, it became shockingly clear that we were not tithing correctly. So, for April, I wrote the tithe check and tried not to worry about what bill we couldn't pay that month. I do believe that God does pour out blessings to those who tithe. And don't we all want to be blessed?!

Malachi 3:10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this, Says the Lord of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for the such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it."
About a week after I wrote that check a friend of mine asked me if I could make some monogrammed easter baskets that she saw elsewhere. I found the wholesale site, and ordered some. I then posted the monogrammed Easter baskets at various places. I hoped to sell 40 in order to bring in some extra $. I sold over 125! Only a fool would not give God the glory.
And just in case you didn't get your basket yet, they are still for sale. They have a million uses- here are just a few.

*Baby gift- get the baby's name monogrammed on the tote, and fill it will diapers, wipes, and all that good baby stuff.

*Wedding gift- embroider with the happy couples new last name, and fill with some items for a picnic

*Graduation gift- have the graduate's name using the school colors on the basket and fill with monogrammmed towels.

*Teacher Appreciation- embroider the teacher's name and fill with fun school supplies

2 comments:

  1. Loved hearing the rest of the story. Need to talk to you about an Independence Day basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in a monagramed market basket. Can you post your link? thanks

    ReplyDelete